Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Science of Sleep #atozchallenge

Cover of "The Science of Sleep"
Cover of The Science of Sleep



         As the name implies The Science of Sleep (2006) is about the dreaming activity during sleep time.  This is a French film that is in French, Spanish, and English with subtitles so that will be an immediate turn-off to some.   The film is a very quirky surrealistic romp that can be classified as a romantic comedy, but it is so offbeat that fans of that genre might also be taken aback.  The bottom line is that if you enjoy weird movies that explore the phenomena of dreaming this might be something you might enjoy.

        The film uses animation and live action.   There are sequences that occur on very cheap homemade looking sets in order to create the effect of a child-like television show--think Pee Wee's Playhouse.  The storyline weaves back and forth in and out of reality and dreams so that at some points we don't know what is real and what is dream.

        For the most part the film has received good reviews and has a relatively high rating on internet film sites.  I've included a music video that includes scenes from the film to give an idea of what to expect.



 

          Have you seen The Science of Sleep?    Do you enjoy a multi-lingual film?   What is your favorite theory that explains the origins of dreams?  

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I hear dreams are subconscious desires or the working out of things or past events to obtain closure. I've never seen that film, but I won't watch a movie with subtitles anyway. 'Ain't nobody got time for that'. I'm so busy reading that I'm unable to pay attention to what the people are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I'll put this one on my to watch list. Looks weird, but kinda fun...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments or to just know that you were here. Please let me know what you think. And if you'd be so kind, please click on the Friend Connect button. It's nice to be joined on my dream journey with others who want to explore the mysterious world of the subconscious mind.
Sorry, due to too much spam I no longer allow anonymous comments on this site. If you want to comment and aren't registered yet then please sign up. It's not all that difficult and I'd really like to hear what you have to say. Comment away!

The Dreamer