Thursday, March 26, 2015

Useful dream data

The name NEMO has been used throughout history...
The name NEMO has been used throughout history by many famous authors to describe events and people who find themselves on the border between fantasy and reality. In Latin nemo means ‘no one’ and indicates a world between fantasy and reality. Visitors to NEMO science centre can become a scientist, technologist or technician for a day. Suddenly dreams are real.
 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)


      How useful is data delivered in dreams?   Some believe that information delivered in dreams is for the most part nonsense--inanities dredged from the subconscious mind that are mostly absurd re-imagings of things garnered from our waking life.  Others believe that through interpretations dreams provide valuable information regarding our mental state or circumstances concerning our waking life that have not been recognized previously.

        There are certainly other theories regarding the usefulness or not in respect to dreams.   If you remember your dreams, you probably have your own thought about how useful they are to you.  And those of you who do not remember dreams could possibly be blocking out important information your subconscious is trying to wake you up to understand.

        Stories have been told of dreams solving real life problems such as the location of lost items, exposing problematic relationships, or even solving complicated scientific formulas.  If we are to believe these stories then this seems to indicate that dreams can provide reliable information that can be put to good use in waking life.   Perhaps you have had such an experience of a dream helping to solve a problem that has vexed you.

       Dream research has suggested that dreams are often the subconscious sorting of data and at times might include overt interpretation of data that in waking life has not been understood.    These types of dreams can provide tangible solutions that can later be highly useful to the dreamer.  In other cases the dream may contain hidden solutions to problems, but the dream must be comprehended and decoded in order to put the data to use in waking life.

        The usefulness of dream data might be up for debate, but for some their experience says an emphatic "yes" to applying dreams to solve problems or understand aspects of life.   Since the dreams come from the inner recesses of the mind, uninhibited by the norms that hinder us in waking life, my inclination would be to believe that dreams don't actually lie.  Dreams might be misinterpreted or misunderstood in such a way that we may dismiss them as folly, but the truth is there whether it be disguised or overtly stated.  It's up to the dreamer to understand what the truth is in the dream and what message the dream is conveying.

         Have you had any experiences where a dream has provided information that helped you in some way?    Why do you think a dream might reveal information that one might not recognize in waking life?    Do you believe dreams can provide useful information or do you think they are primarily nonsense?

8 comments:

  1. I can't recall a time that a dream helped me solve any problems but they may have. I know when Russell first found me I dreamt about him a few times and woke up with feelings for him, but I was probably already experiencing them in my waking life and didn't want to admit it. Dreaming about him in a romantic way gave me the push I needed to pursue it. Glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes dream tell us the truth that we aren't willing to admit when we're awake.

      Lee

      Delete
  2. Dreams give me great book ideas every now and then. Although if i binge watch something and then dream about it, I wouldn't call that anything substantial haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes our head get so filled up with stuff when we're awake that it all keeps going after we've gone to sleep.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. Lovely post Lee thank you. Dreams are hard work in the 'decoding of data' which usually is in a language we don't understand. I've had many dreams that portray my own inner workings of my unconscious.

    Looking forward to your A-Z posts - next week already! Have a great weekend. We're off to the bush this weekend so will miss yr BOTB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many people attempt to understand their dreams using dream dictionaries and the like. These can be helpful to some extent but they are taking the lazy way out not realizing that their dreams speak to them in a very personal language.

      My BOTB post will come next Wednesday April 1st so maybe you'll make it.

      Lee

      Delete
  4. Such a thought provoking write-up!

    I usually try to remember fragments of my dream and make sense of "the message" if there's any. Most of the time, my dreams scare me. Looking deeper into them, I normally dream of the things I worry about.

    The NEMO Science Center looks imposing! It made me think of the movie "Inception" as soon as I look at it. I also thought of stealing it, for the theme I have for the A-Z challenge is "Buildings and Structures" ... but nope it would be a moot point for me because I am actually blogging about this theme for the postcards I received during the last years :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worry is a common influence over our dreams, but since it fills our minds dreaming about the worry seems logical.

      I got the image as a recommendation from Zemanta. I thought it looked like something from out of a dream.

      Lee

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments or to just know that you were here. Please let me know what you think. And if you'd be so kind, please click on the Friend Connect button. It's nice to be joined on my dream journey with others who want to explore the mysterious world of the subconscious mind.
Sorry, due to too much spam I no longer allow anonymous comments on this site. If you want to comment and aren't registered yet then please sign up. It's not all that difficult and I'd really like to hear what you have to say. Comment away!

The Dreamer